1. Carefully read through our Job Descriptions
2. Please read our Culture and Policies
, to make sure Big Lake Youth Camp is the right fit for you.
3. Complete this returning staff application.
*Applications will be accepted December 1, 2018-January 31, 2019.
4. Interviews will occur in January and February. Les Zollbrecht, director of Big Lake Youth Camp, will be visiting and conducting interviews at a number of schools. Please check with your school's front office or Chaplain for the interview sign-up sheet. If you do not attend one of these schools, please schedule a Phone/Skype interview. Links to the Phone/Skype interview availability schedule are available on our website here: www.biglake.org/staff
. Please email email@example.com to schedule your interview.
School Interview Dates:
Columbia Adventist Academy: TBD
Livingston Adventist Academy: TBD
Milo Adventist Academy: TBD
Portland Adventist Academy: TBD
Rogue Valley Adventist Academy: TBD
Southern University: TBD
Walla Walla University: TBD
Skype/Phone Interview Dates: TBD
1. Before an applicant is considered for a position, the applicant must complete the appropriate application(s), and the applicant must have an interview with a designated Big Lake Youth Camp representative.
**If you are applying to work as a wrangler, or will put wrangler as your second or third choice, complete the in addition to the Returning Staff Application.
2. Further recommendations may be sought from those acquainted with the applicant.
3. Final decisions are made during the months of March and April. All applicants will receive a letter indicating one of three decisions: 1) Hired as a staff member 2) Currently unable to hire, but placed on a waitlist. (We will contact you if a position becomes available due to cancellations and changes in plans 3) Unable to hire this summer.)
4. A criminal background check will be completed prior to your arrival at camp.
5. For hired staff, hiring documents will be sent prior to camp. You will be expected to upload your hiring documents (except W-4 and I-9), picture & certifications with the link that will be provided in your hiring letter.
6. Having worked at Big Lake previously is not a guarantee you will be re-hired.
7. If hired, must come to staff training already having taken a Pediatric 1st Aid/CPR class and have uploaded your certificate.