1. Carefully read through our Job Descriptions
2. Please read our Culture and Policies
, to make sure Big Lake Youth Camp is the right fit for you.
3. Complete the appropriate application.
Applicants who worked at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016: Complete the Big Lake Youth Camp Returning Staff Application
All other applicants, including former Big Lake Youth Camp staff who worked in 2015 or before: Complete the Big Lake Youth Camp Summer Staff Application below.
*Applications will be accepted November 30, 2016-January 31, 2017.
4. All applicants, including those who worked at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016: Fill out the Skills and Interests Form
*Skills and Interests Forms will be accepted November 30, 2016-January 31, 2017.
5. All applicants except for those who worked at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016: Have your teacher, pastor, and work supervisor fill out a recommendation form for you.
*We must receive a total of 3 recommendations submitted on your behalf.
**Recommendation Forms will be accepted November 30, 2016-February 15, 2017.
6. Interviews will occur in January and February. Les Zollbrecht, Director of Big Lake Youth Camp, will be visiting and conducting interviews at a number of schools. Please check with your school's front office or Chaplain for the interview sign-up sheet. If you do not attend one of these schools, please schedule a Phone/Skype interview. Links to the Phone/Skype interview sign-ups are available on our website here: www.biglake.org/staff
School Interview Dates:
Columbia Adventist Academy: Jan. 6, 2017
Livingston Adventist Academy: Jan. 13, 2017
Milo Adventist Academy: Jan. 24, 2017
Portland Adventist Academy: Jan. 10-11, 2017
Rogue Valley Adventist Academy: Jan. 25, 2017
Southern University: Dec. 2, 2016
Walla Walla University: Jan. 17-19, 2017
Skype/Phone Interview Dates:
January 12, 2017
January 31, 2017
February 3, 2017
Please visit www.biglake.org/staff
to schedule your Skype/Phone Interview with Pastor Les.
1. Before an applicant is considered for a position that is being filled, the applicant must complete the appropriate application and the Skills and Interests Form, the applicant must have an interview with a designated Big Lake Youth Camp representative, and (for those who did not work at Big Lake Youth Camp in 2016) three recommendation forms must be completed on the applicant’s behalf.
2. Further recommendations may be sought from those acquainted with the applicant.
3. Final decisions are made during the month of March. All applicants will receive a letter indicating one of three decisions: 1) Hired as a staff member 2) Currently unable to hire, but placed on a waitlist. We will contact you if a position becomes available due to cancellations and changes in plans 3) Unable to hire this summer.
4. A criminal background check will be completed prior to signing contracts.
5. For hired staff, contract information will be sent prior to camp.
6. Having worked at Big Lake previously is not a guarantee that you will be re-hired.